Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 Weeks of Hotels +2 little girls = 1 crazy Mom

Well, we finally made it back to Morgan three cheers for us :) We left New York on Friday as a family and visited Washington D.C. which was really fun. It was nice to do a family vacation with Jon actually added to the picture. We also were able to stop in and see my cousin Tandi who had just recently moved there. They are doing really well and have the most beautiful home, very Eastern. After arriving on Monday in Charleston , WV I quickly found that I was not very comfortable. The girls had no idea what we were doing in a hotel and the people running the hotel new when we were coming down the elevator because Autumn always rang the emergency bell. We did have fun at a car show; I don't know much about cars, but I love looking at them Jon thought it was awesome. However when Jon went back to work I was ready to leave when my mother-in-law came on Thursday. We quickly packed up the van sad to say good-bye to Jon, but happy to be moving westward. We first visited Nauvoo which is one of my favorite places. I had the wonderful privilege of going to the temple. Recommend IT!!!! After touring and sight seeing we took off to corn country Nebraska, but when we hit Wyoming I knew we were homeward bound. Overall the girls were good, we did have one major crisis halfway through the trip when the DVD player broke, but Debbie purchased the new and improved DVD player that has one for each of the girls. They love it and we are so grateful to her for all the help she was even though she spoiled the girls rotten!!! They loved getting to know there grandma better and I know they both were sad to see her leave. When we arrived home we were able to go see great grandma Despain who celebrated her 95 birthday on Saturday. Congrats!!!
Well, that about sums up the trip home. We wish Jon luck out in West Virginia. Love ya honey, Your family

1 comment:

John and Charese said...

YAY~ WELCOME BACK! We are glad to have you! It is so fun to see the girls in the back yard again! We have a lot of catching up to do! So come over anytime!