Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chapter 9

2012

I am starting this post half-way through the year so I am sure I will miss a lot.

Starting with today May 6, 2012  
We have moved to Creve Coeur Missouri and are living in a town home.  So far it has been extremely exciting and fun.  Jon is working for Vivint Alarm for the 9th year in a row!  Wow that sounds crazy when I write it down.  We have been searching for a job change for nearly 4 years now, but this has been revealed to us that it is what the Lord wants us to be doing so we will be patient with His timing.

Makenna is in 1st grade and I was really nervous for her to make the change.  She loved her teacher, Mrs. Fry, and was learning to read quite well.  I didn't want her to have a dip and I worry about her confident.  However, the move has proved to be just the opposite of what I had thought.  She is very proud of her accomplishment of moving and making new friends and her schooling hasn't dropped at all.  She is actually doing even better as she gains more confidence in herself and being adventurous!

Autumn is my very active strong willed one.  I was very anxious to get her involved upon arriving in St. Louis.  She doesn't do well with just hanging out.  She needs to stay busy, otherwise disaster can srike.  I therefore decided it would be beneficial to put her in a preschool and happens chance that there is a Methodist church across the street from the elementary school that does one.  I enrolled her and it has been a fun new adventure.  The school is quite cute and there are 3 women that run it.  Two of which are older like grandma's.  Autumn comes home with the cutest crafts and is learning all about St. Louis.  The other day she came home with a life size paper of herself with the body being the state of Missouri.  On it, it said. . . I live in Missouri and then there was a heart on her chest that said "And Utah"  Autumn has such a wonderful ability to make people fall in Love with her and to do the things she wants!

Dean has been a new challenge.  He is very attached to mom and dad and with the move he has wanted more and more attention.  This proves difficult seeing that Lily is also very needy.  However, I am finding that as I love him more and try to show him and tell him.  He has been more willing to grow independent. We started potty-training this week!  One of my least favorite things of parenting and so far it is going well.  He is about 50/50 and I am certain he will have it by the time we arrive back in Utah.  

Lily, my sweet baby is growing and growing.  When we left Utah she barely could sit up.  In the past month she has learned to sit, roll-over, scoot, army crawl, and crawl!  It is nice to see her finally hit these milestones yet I wasn't encouraging them intensely because of the challenges that come with crawling.  She is nearly one now so I should expect it :)  She is such a happy little thing, and when you look at her she always smile's back.  She also waves at you when you wave to her, and is constantly making silly funny faces.  She is darling and I love my baby!

Jon is selling well as always and working hard to support our family.  We celebrated our 8th Anniversary a week ago and we are still in love and happy married even more so than when we got married!  He's a great Dad and very helpful to me I couldn't be more blessed.

I am staying super busy with the 4 kids.  From taxiing kids around from school to going to the Zoo, The Magic House, and I also put the girls into a gymnastics class which is super Awesome!  I have started running again and am planning on doing a 10K and then a Half Marathon!  It excites me to have fun things to accomplish.  Also, the ward here immursed  me quickly.  I had my records transferred, the next week gave the opening prayer, and then the next week gave a talk and received a calling as a primary substitute.  WOW!  







No comments: