Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jon "28"









Wow, was this week ever fun, I feel sooooo spoiled, I think it was just the magnitude of babysitters and the wonderful activities; not to mention birthday cake. The week started out with us going to the Roy Complex for swimming. The girls love swimming, and the snow outside was depressing so of we went. They were so adorable. The next day we did a whole day of Dr. Appointments which might sound awful, but the girls really liked visiting the Dr. for their wellness checkup and We took them to see an ultrasound of the baby. Makenna loved it, Atty is a little young still, but the baby was kicking and moving so much it was awesome. It made us more excited to have this little one join our family. I am officially 12 weeks and some days, my current ultrasound puts me at 13, but my original ultrasound puts me at 12 so who really knows???
So; then on Friday was Jon's birthday and my parents Anniversary. They share the day, but my mom was so generous to give us Friday by baby sitting the girls in the evening. I made a hot fudge cake for Jon; then off the the cheesecake factory and the races ;) We went go-cart racing at boondocks. I have to say that place is really fun, if you ever have thought about stopping you should. We loved the go-carts.
Then; on Saturday my sister Whitney and her husband Ryan offered a ski ticket and babysitting. So we headed up to the Canyons with my family and had the most wonderful day on the hills that I have had in FOREVER!!! It had been 3 years. It was warm and clear and I absolutely loved it. So, it made me want a season pass for next year!!! After such a wonderful day we raced home and I went and attended the adult session of stake conference which left me spiritually fed. I woke up this morning feeling so rejuvenated and revived. WOW!!! It has been wonderful. Ohh, I just have to add that the baby is doing just fine despite the risk of Go-cart racing and skiing. I have done a total of 5 things so far that they say you shouldn't do pregnant, no I am not trying to hurt this baby. Just make it adventurous. Really though, Is it a risk??? I didn't fall down once on the ski slopes, and go-cart racing is the same as driving a car? Just a little closer to the ground and faster. I am very happy to have all the wonderful family helping me to be a great mom. Thanks to you all!!!

6 comments:

Laura Morris said...

Hi guys! It's fun to see pictures of you and hear what you've been up to. Congrats on the upcoming#3! That is so exciting!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

what a fun week! you look so cute and i'm glad your pregnancy is going so well! will you send me your email address so i can invite you to my blog? mine is lissamurdoch@hotmail.com- thanks!

creatividadsiempre.blogspot.com said...

Jon -- You are so old. J/k. Happy Birthday!

Alan and Heidi said...

i didn't know jon's birthday is the 15th?! march is like the birthday month!! bonnie, me, ryan, sadie, and like 5 of ryan and sadie's friends have birthday's this month...not to mention the RS birthday party every March...i'm all caked out and we haven't even had ryan and sadies party yet!!!! happy birthday jon!! ...i actually won't get to minneapolis until may 4 :( because my sister is getting married and my brother is leaving on a mission so i have to stick around for all of that! but when i get there you can show me around!!!!

Troy & Emily said...

You should come and visit us next time you are bored! We can go to a park together pretty soon. THere's a nice one just off highway 89 in Layton I've been wanting to go to.
-Miss you,
Emily, Troy, and SOphy =)

Wessman said...

Hey Marie! Glad to see you all are doing so well. So, when you get a second can you give me Mark or Amber's email address? I saw that their blog is private. Also I want to know your due date? We are trying to sell our condo, if you guys are ever in SLC come and take a looksie before its gone forever! We are way over due for a family party,I enjoy talking to you so much!