Sunday, June 8, 2008

Central Park





This Sunday has been extremely eventful. First we went to church where I was sustained as the ward pianist. I had to play the hymns for the Sacrament meeting. I am not a great piano player and so to play the hymns is a stretch especially in front of a crowd. Then, after church we drove to Manhattan only getting lost once, ok twice. We had a GPS, but the darn thing took us down to the docks passing by the Statue of Liberty instead of to the Guggenheim so we adjusted our destination and ended up across from central park, parking at the Museum of Natural History. We spent three hours there touring and Makenna loved the Park. Especially because I told her that we were in the place where Gezelle and Edward sing from the movie Enchanted! We even got to take a picture by the bridge where Edward jumps off and gets hit by bicyclers. We strolled some more and it got quite hot 100 plus 95 humidity. It cooled down pretty quickly though by the time we left. We then drove up to Harlem by mistake, but we could tell by our surroundings we needed to turn around. We charted the GPS back toward the Empire State building and by mistake drove past The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints TEMPLE!!! We thought that was cool. After visiting there we went to Time Square and saw the lights. It was an all day trip, and was really fun. We are enjoying the adventures New York has to offer.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!!! Looks ilke New York is treating y'all rather well. I'm totally jealous... I've always wanted to go there and haven't gotten to yet. Enjoy the Big Apple for me and keep posting those picturs! The girls are ADORABLE!! I can't believe how much Atti looks like Jon... too funny. Lacey is the same way- looks just like her daddy. Makenna is all you, though, so at least y'all are even. They're both so beautiful!!

Jay, Holly and Ava said...

Your family is so beautiful! I hope all is well in NYC for you guys. I found a picture of you Teisha and I at your house covered in make-up and the most amazing dresses (Do you remember?) I need to copy it and send it to you. It's so funny.
Holly Goode Ackett

KCJaques said...

Marie, Do me a favor, I would like to check out tiesha's blog but I apparantly need an invite. Can you pass that along to her. Thanks