Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We had VISITORS

This past week I felt so special to have my Family come and visit me in New York. Bret and Wendy along with my mom all came in and we had a blast touring the city. These pictures are a special treat. Wendy, My Mom and I had the opportunity of experiencing "Wicked". It was really Awesome being together like one of our traditional Girl Vacations we only wished Whitney could have been with us to experience it. The first slide show is of our trip to Palmyra, we left late and I forgot my camera so I purchased a disposable one so that is why the pictures are grainy. It was a long trip and Autumn wouldn't sleep so we got 3 hours of sleep before touring. The kids woke up at 7 so Jon and I took them to the Sacred Grove while my mom and Billy slept. While there we had the neat experience of running into Bro. Tesch who was on a Church History Tour. I went on a tour with him back in H.S. It was quite random to be there on the same day. I felt like it was a little reminder of how special our experiences on earth are especially when shared with others. OK, so one story about Makenna. She has been so good at being potty trained especially at holding "it" Well, while walking up the Hill Cumorah she had to "GO" so Jon looked down and saw a sewer drain and she bent over it and took a "wiz" It was quite funny I took a picture, but the more hilarious story was at the park a week earlier when while I was talking to a friend and pushing Autumn on a swing Makenna comes running up to me with her pannies around her ankles exclaiming that she had to go "doo doo". When she has to go she has to go so in an attempt to save us all I ran and picked her up and crouched her over a garbage can. She looked up at me with her innocent eyes while doing her business and said, "Mom, is this the potty?" I laughed quite hard after the experience. The second is of Down Town NYC. I am very proud of myself for conquering a fear this week. I spent two entire days driving in Downtown Manhattan and I think I conquered the feat of beating the taxi's off of the line of scrimmage as the light turned green. I did scare my mom a few times, but we were safe. Thanks family for visiting I LOVED IT!!!

6 comments:

KCJaques said...

Wicked!! We are hoping to catch that when it comes to U of U in the fall. I am sure the production is better in New York. I must say we are quite jealous of all the experience you are getting in so quickly over there. It makes our blog seem uneventful.

KCJaques said...

FYI.... it's June. You are about 2 hours ahead of us, not 5 days.

Wessman said...

I agree with the previous post.. my life seems so boring now!! That is awesome that you get to live in New York, going to the Sacred Grove.. that is so special!!! I'm so glad you are taking so many pictures this is something you will never forget! Keep blogging and have fun!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing all of your fun with us! I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves. By the way, I just noticed a whole crew at your house working on your yard. Thought I'd let you know, if you didn't already. And your weeds weren't even THAT bad! Take care!

Stokers said...

Your background is way cute! :)

Jay, Holly and Ava said...

We would love to do dinner sometime! Do you know when you guys get back to Morgan? I love reading about all your trips and seeing your pics. Such a cute blog.