Monday, June 1, 2009

Wedding in Houston














We had the wonderful opportunity to go down to Houston, TX. To see Jon's brother get married. It was so much fun and reminiscing for Jon and I especially because that is where we first met.
We started with a very long plane ride, but the girls really did great. Autumn kept saying the plane was a rocket ship like off "Little Einsteins" if you have seen the show. Also, we flew with Uncle Tom who was a big help. The girls love him and he loves teasing them :)
When we arrived the first thing we did after getting situated was have some delicious Texas BBQ it has been a while since we had such a delicious TX meal and we loved every bite.
The next day was the wedding and it turned out beautiful. Not only was the ceremony special, but everyone looked spectacular and the girls got to where dresses hand-made my grandma Cottle. They looked adorable!! The reception was at the very chapel where Jon and I first saw each other; we met at institute. It brought back a flood of memories and even the institute teacher, sister Allen, was at the wedding and she remembered the way Jon looked when he first saw me. It was so funny, if you have ever heard Jon tell the story you will know what I mean. After such a big party day the next day we spent swimming, playing with the family and enjoying the famous; RITTERS frozen custard wow!!! I could seriously do some weight gaining on that stuff. Do I ever miss it. More memories. I couldn't believe seven years and three babies later we were back to where it all started. It was like Deja Vu and I can't believe I am this old; I really don't feel like it most days. We really had a wonderful time with Jon's family it was the first time in about seven years that they were all together, according to my recollection. It was a much needed trip. The girls and I also loved having dad around for four days strait. It refilled my cup so I can handle the next 3-4 months.
Thankyou Mom and Dad Cottle for everything you have done for us. We are so grateful for your generosity and help so that we could all come together as a family. Best Wishes to Steven and Marlene. They are perfect for each other and I can't wait to get to know my new Sister-in-law better. Hopefully you will come to Utah often.

2 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

that looks like such a fun trip! how nice to get out of the summer grind for a few days. :) i think of you everytime i go to st. george and remember that you introduced me to frozen custard! fun memories!

The Steele family said...

I love your cute little family what cute girls.