Sunday, June 10, 2012

School Ends with a Splash





























Life has ran away from me just like the end of May. School ended on a great note. Makenna absolutely loved coming to Craig Elementary and all the amenities it has to offer. Autumn did a end of Preschool Splash party and it was fun meeting her teachers for the last time and having a BBQ. We also have been thoroughly enjoying the pool as it has gotten hotter, and hotter. It is a must almost everyday and Dean absolutely loves swimming which is a big change from last year. He wouldn't even dip his toes in the pool. We went to the Zoo on our week off of school before summer school started and it was wonderful hanging out with my kids. They are so fun and super cute. We have to ride the train at the zoo because Dean is addicted to trains and says "CHOO CHOO!, Choo Choo!" constantly.

The day before memorial day we did a picnic with Vivint which was nice. I got to make some treats that I had been wanting to try and we got to meet all of daddy's coworkers. Kyle Fransen even showed Autumn how to hold a spinning basketball on a pen. They have decided that our friend Shayna's new husband Danny should be part of our family and they call him Uncle Danny, and of course all the other little kids running around are like cousins and great friends. It feels so much like family out here it warms my heart. When people work so close with each other you can't help but share the joy and the pain as well as feel a close connection with those around!


I had the opportunity this last week to drive 13 hours down to Houston to hang out with my sister Wendy. We went to the Woodlands and enjoyed good food, laughing, the pool, and just having fun. I tried using my new camera and capture some photographs of the Houston Temple. This temple has a special meaning to Jon and I because it is the first temple we went to together and did Baptism's. Houston is where Jon and I met and it holds a special place in my heart and brought back all the memories of our courtship. It was wonderful to have a mini vacation even if it consisted of driving so much!

When I returned home the girls had started summer school. They do a month long optional class out here so I put them in it. They leave at 7:45 and get home at 12:15 It's been going really good so far and I am super impressed with Makenna's reading since we have come out here. Leaps and Bounds! Lily had started climbing the stairs. Yep I missed it, but now I have to worry since we have 4 sets of stairs in this house. She still isn't walking, but she smiles so much and gives me hugs so much that I can't even think of her growing up it makes me sad. . .

Jon is selling and keeping a good attitude. He misses out on so much to provide for our family, and I am so grateful to Him for all he does. This Sunday he had to talk in sacrament and then give the Elder's Quorum lesson. That's a lot of preparation with his work schedule and family life on top of that. I married an exceptional man!

My news is that I have been running and training for a half marathon. I did the Route 66 race this year and was proud of myself for placing 9th in the 10k; not quite as good as I dad 2 years ago, but I pushed hard and with running 10 miles two days before, and four kids to wrestle I did well.
It's been a super good hobby for me and I like feeling strong and being in shape so it's nice to have friends like Amanda that push me along.

Our family is doing well and summer sells is almost halfway over and that feels great to say! Life is an adventure so let's enjoy it!

No comments: