Sunday, June 17, 2012

This week has been a very fun a busy one yet again. Vivint decided to do another drawing for the wives. The first one was of a photo of all the wives together. We took one of us with the kids destroying my apartment and the wives holding signs. We Really Really need a Spa day. Well, we won that one and got a free gift card to a spa. This week it was service oriented. I came up with the idea of going to the Ronald McDonald house and having us be super hero's. So my dear friend Amanda took on the task and made about 11 capes even one for our Dog Rocky and bibs for all the babies. We then gathered items and took them to the RM House. It was fun a good day of service. The kids absolutely adore there capes! We didn't win the shopping spree that went along with the service, but it was fun anyway. The rest of the week was spent running and relaxing. Seriously! I ran 11 miles on Wed. to prepare me for the half marathon I am suppose to be doing in two weeks which I can't find a babysitter for. . . It's youth conference, of course! I've been training for 3 months and now NO SITTER? We will see what happens. After many long runs I would take the kids and relax at the pool Ahhhhhhhhhh. Jon has been wanting to do a race really bad and has been running to prepare for the chance. So when Creve Coeur announced that they were doing one we signed up. Of course the babysitter thing didn't work. She didn't hear her alarm that morning so we ended up making a mad dash to the car with all the kids and both jogging strollers. Jon pushed Makenna and Autumn and I pushed Dean and Lily the entire 6.2 miles, and NO it wasn't flat. They had like six massive hills that we had to go up. Needless to say I walked up them and Jon even took both strollers and pushed them so I could catch my breath! He is the greatest husband. He was having a blast tho, he had a huge smile spread across his face the whole time and was waving to people as we ran by. He even texted me later that day and said. That was awesome we need to do it again! I said sure just next time not be pushing 150 lbs. So, today Father's Day I couldn't hold back on showing our appreciation for Jon. I made a poster that said, "I have a hero. . . His name is Daddy" and I set the table with all dad stuff and superhero gear. He got delicious pumpkin pancakes with homemade syrup and then a delicious homemade lunch with blueberry chills and then the office did a BBQ. I think we all are over stuffed! I just have to say that I love my husband so much. This father's day I am so appreciative of the husband he is. He is so truly selfless when they say that a marriage and family is equal partnership and you should both should help each other I feel like it is always lopsided on his behalf. He gives so much to me and the children I worry he doesn't take enough for himself. He truly give 110% to us and I Love love love him for that and so much more. Of course I also got to talk to my Father and Jon's dad for a moment this father's day. It is wonderful to have the heritage we come from and I loved listening to my Dad speak of his childhood. I mentioned to him that I made Jon homemade ice-cream and he told me of the time when they had "Bossie" the cow and when she was in her good years they had so much cream they didn't know what to do with it. My grandma Wall put the recipe in the family cookbook of "Bossie" and her ice cream recipe. I want to get a cow now! Life sounds so fantastic back when the world wasn't "SO" complicated. I love you dad and I love the story's thanks for sharing and raising me to enjoy the simple things in life. It truly is where happiness comes from!

No comments: