Sunday, July 1, 2012

Six Flags and Summertime Peaches

On Monday I made arrangements to take Makenna and Autumn to Six Flags. We took our friend Shayna so there would be equal riders and left the other kids with my friend Amanda. It was SO much fun! The girls are at the perfect age to ride most of the rides and we spent a lot of the time at hurricane harbor soaking up the sun and riding water slides. Makenna was super brave and wanted to ride the big slides so I took her on a few while Autumn stayed on the smaller ones. It was fun to connect with my girls on an putting just with them and Let me say it was my kind of outing. . . There favorite ride just happened to be the big tsunami one where you ride up and then fall down a hill and get splashed to bits by water. Then after the ride you stand in front of the slide and it sprays you with a 20ft wave. Lets just say we rode it 3 times and were soaked. They also loved the tallest ride n the park, it was the swings that rises higher than the superman ride. The girls went on it all by themselves while I stood at the bottom and watched. When we got home from the event we were so tired and heat exhausted that we all fell asleep on a heart beat and when I woke up I realized Dean had stayed awake and went downstairs and watched a movie while we were passed out. At least he was good. On Wednesday Jon's company decided to go out to lunch. We decided to pass on the famous BBQ joint where everyone else was going and went to a mexican restaurant then I took him to pick the best peaches in the world. Eckerts Farm is awesome, we picked peaches last time we were here and I loved them so this time the whole family picked and I brought them home and bottled 10 jars of them. It will be fun to bring home a small piece of St. Louis. I now have bottled St. Louis Jam and St. Louis Peaches. My goal is to get some Salsa done before I head home. . . We will see! It was super fun to watch the kids go crazy over fresh peaches and Lily was the one who was in heaven the most. She devoured a few peaches while on the farm and then when I came home I found that all I had to do was put her in her high-chair with a peach and she would be quite for quite some time. Fabulous!!! The rest of the week has been slow and hot. The temp has reached 110 degrees plus humidity. It hasn't even been cool in our apartment so now I am trying to find things to do inside where there is air conditioning. I'll see if I can post a few more fun events in the last 4 weeks that I am here. Yeah, that's right I only have 4 more weeks and then I am headed home for Utah where there is camping and family and my Dad's garden, and my house. Let's just say I am starting to get excited the only thing that would make me happier is if Jon found a job and we were going together. Guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. Life is an adventure, let's stay positive and have a blast!

No comments: