Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday To ME!!!!







First I'd like to start with a funny story; Last week I went and took the barn door off of my Dad's old shed to make a headboard for Autumn's bed. So This week it started to smell in her room and I kept blaming it on the old Barn Door. I opened her window, sprayed it with Lysol, and other smelly fragrances but the stench wouldn't go away. Finally I walked in and Makenna said, "Mom what is THAT!!!" I looked down and to my utter disgust it was a dried pooh log. Autumn had taken her diaper off and done her business leaving the stench for us to discover. So now that the culprit is discarded from her room it smells just fine. Apologies to the barn door.

So this week I have been completely spoiled. Jon really went on a spending splurge. He traded in my minivan and purchased another Durango for me. I love it :) Then, on Friday he decided to go buy me another present, an office desk for our front room. WOW!!!! Then on Sat. we took our new SUV out to snowbasin and went hiking. I actually loved that part the most. The kids were really pretty good for the hike. They both wanted to ride in the backpack, so Jon ended up caring them both.

Birthday's can be pretty fun, but I have found I enjoy my kids birthday's more than my own. Maybe it is because I am slowly creeping up on 30 and not that it is a bad age, I just enjoy my age now and can't imagine how 30 could be any better. (I still have 4 years to go!) I wish you all a happy Halloween, and good luck at the polls.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday!!! Aww... wish I could have been there to help celebrate! Awesome new car! I remember you being really excited about the minivan... just didn't suit you like you hoped, huh?
The girls are so dang cute! I can't believe how much Makenna looks like you! She is such a beautiful little girl, and Autumn is so stinkin adorable! Love little girls!!!

The Steele family said...

Hey Happy Birthday.

The Cassel Family said...

How fun! glad you had a great birthday. I love the headboard!

Wessman said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great time and got some wonderful presents!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday!! Your husband sure nows how to spoil you, maybe he can give mine some ideas!!

I love the door for the headboard, it looks so cute!

Lhone said...

Happy Birthday! So much fun stuff! It's funny. Blaine is a total SUV guy, and I'm a total minivan girl. With 4 kids, its just hard to use that 3rd back row. But, I must admit, they are SO much more fun to drive than a minivan! Congrats!

Troy & Emily said...

Happy B-day Marie! Cool new SUV, sorry about the poo log. Have you been running? I have :)
Much love,
Emily Troy and Sophronia

Teisha said...

Happy Birthday... Sounds like you had a fun day!! :)