Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stranded In Montana



This past weekend was extremely eventful so I am going to start from the beginning. I had planned to go to Montana on Thursday morning until Sunday to help Wendy find a house. So when Thursday morning arrived I was enjoying my morning slumber when my mom whom just happens to have a key to my house comes running into Jon and I's bedroom while it is still dark outside exclaiming, "Whitney is getting married!!!" I was extremely shocked for those of you who don't know that she is the youngest in our family and has two brothers preceding her whom are not yet married. So on the drive up we began planning her wedding calling her for the small details like colors :) When we arrived in Billings it was gorgeous with all the autumn colors. However, as soon as Wendy's plane arrived it began snowing and didn't stop the entire time we were there. We stayed at Ruth's house (Wendy's Realtor who is a member) and had a blast with her. She loved having girls in the house because she only had two sons. Searching for homes proved to be a fabulous time as we giggled and laughed as sisters do. Wendy kept saying she didn't want to commit because then my mom and I would get excited about a home, but we just started getting excited about them all after that. Then came the purchasing which Wendy did without Bret!! Three cheers for her. She even had an agreement that she would have $10,000 to spend on furnishings. It was definitely a women's buy! So we had 5 hours to find her all the things she wanted. Wendy kept saying she felt like she had won the lottery and we were spending it. So, after all that fun the time came to leave yet the snow had amounted to a few feet. The roads home were closed and we were stuck. So Wendy flew out and my mom and I had to wait until Monday. No worries we got home just fine and even got to stop in and talk to Whitney and go wedding dress shopping!!! It was a really fun girls weekend.

3 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

Very eventful! Glad it turned out well and Wendy found a house. That is so fun and crazy about Whitney, our sisters are just babies! But really, she is a great girl and I am glad she has a great guy.

Lindsey said...

Congrats to Whitney! Wow... hard to believe! I can't believe all the snow... we're chilly at 66 degrees today!

KCJaques said...

You better have brought some of that snow or else you I you are no longer the Marie I used to know.