Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home Sick

Ok, so it finally hit after my family left that the kids and I are homesick. We have been doing this job for five years and you think I would just get used to being away, but we miss the summer's every year! I would really love to be going to the 4th of July activities my family does every year, parade, boating, picnics and fireworks. I also miss ridding horses, Morgan Fair and Rodeo and most of all 4-wheeling and camping. I miss being a country girl this week :( Having said that we have a few fun photos. So the first to describe is Autumn with her feet on the table. This one if for my Dad because I remember in my childhood every night at dinner time his voice saying, "Marie get those feet off the table." Bet you didn't know it was hereditary!!! Also, Autumn has learned to say "Cheese." She is such a ham. Next is the picture of the sandwiches. I have the most loving husband, although I technically should make him a lunch everyday he takes care of himself along with making me a sandwich too. He is so thoughtful! Lastly, are pictures of us picking strawberries. Long Island is known for it's strawberries I guess so they have patches everywhere where you can self pick so we stopped with some friends. It was really fun! Have a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy the family stuff without us.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I hear ya girl! I'm in Chicago so I get homesick too! But I am going to go home and visit in a few weeks and I hope to get in some horseback riding. I love your blog. Your family is adorable.

-Melanie Haddock Crockett

The Shelton Family said...

Marie,
I was just thinking about you the other day! I remember the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with your first. Your family is adorable! Keep in touch.