Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mothering Moments


I have had a few moments in mothering where my jaw drops my heart begins to race in anger and I want to scream and cry at the same time. In the moment I never took the time to capture the humor in the situation. For example just before Makenna turned one I had left her in her crib awake. I heard giggling and joy so I didn't bother to check on her. Come to find out she had pooped in her diaper and decided it would be fun to take the diaper off and finger paint the poop "everywhere" it wasn't until my friend Pii, said, "Did you get a picture?" that I told myself the next time something like that happens I would capture it. So today was one of those moments. I call this one, "The Trouble with Having Girls". They were playing upstairs when they decided it was a must that they paint there finger nails. They love this activity, but it is usually supervised. To say the least they covered themselves, carpet, furniture, and walls in Nail Polish. Infuriated I ran down stairs and grabbed a camera. If anyone has any advice for getting fingernail polish out of the carpet I am in desperate need.

3 comments:

John and Charese said...

OH BOY! I mean OH GIRL! Looks like fun! I have no idea how to clean that out of carpets. GOOD LUCK! But, they sure do look pretty!

Lindsey said...

I spilled nail polish on carpet once... I think I tried remover in a small spot but it only made it worse. I ended up getting a razor blade and shaving it out... pieces of the carpet came with it but if you're careful, it shouldn't be too noticeable. Too funny though! Girls!!

Christy said...

HAHAHA....you have to love girls!! My daughter callie thought she would paint her nails, well i then noticed she painted her bathroom cabinets and tile floor, shower curtian all in pink. ( word of adivse do not use nail polish remover on anything that is painted or has stain on cabinets, remover takes all that off and looks worse then nail polish. As for the carpet.. haha, as your friend said razor that mess off. Mr. Clean eraser works a little on furniture. But thats all i have for advise, it is all a experiance with kids..!! Good luck girl!