Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our Testimony's

This week hasn't been too eventful, however, Jon and I read an article in the Ensign by Elder M Russell Ballard titled, "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet" which gave us an idea for a post. He encouraged us to share our testimonies via the web and write about how the gospel has influenced our lives. I encourage everyone who reads our blog to post there own.

Marie's Testimony:
I have a testimony that the Savior came to the Earth and lived a perfect life, and taught us how we can return back to our Heavenly Father. He suffered that we might be forgiven through repentance. I also know that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel in it's fullness. Having been to the Sacred Grove and the Hill Cumorah I have witnessed the peaceful testimony which abides there knowing that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In my life I have witnessed many tiny miracles which bare testimony to my heart that God knows me and answers my prayers. He answers them through the scriptures as I read, friends and strangers, or by the Holy Ghost's whisperings. I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father to have had the experience of Mothering two very sweet daughters. Through this experience I have a stronger testimony that families are eternal. I know this is how the Lord intends it to be and as a mother am grateful I will be with my children and husband forever.
I am grateful to have this knowledge and the peace that comes from living in harmony with the Saviors teachings.

Jon's Testimony:
My job has allowed me to talk with thousands of people and after spending time with each person or family that I talk to I thank the Lord for the restored gospel. I know that living the commandments and following the Savior is where true happiness and peace is found. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church. It gives me direction and encouragement in the most difficult circumstances that we are to face in life. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is the son of God and atoned for the sins of all who accept Him and ask His forgiveness. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God and that he restored the gospel Jesus Christ to the earth. I love The Book of Mormon and know it to be true. It's guidance and teachings strengthen me spiritually and mentally. I know that I can be with my family forever through the sealing power of the priesthood. I also know that the modern-day prophet Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, he continues to receive revelation to guide the Lord's church today. I love the gospel and know that I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again.

1 comment:

The Cassel Family said...

I read some of that article as well. What a great idea to use your blog as a medium. Thanks for sharing your testimonies, I know even without that how faithful and strong you are and look up to your family for that. We will have to take your "challenge" and write our own one of these days. Hope all is well!