Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jon's Post "Hunting"

My first Pheasant hunting trip. I was able to go with all the Wall Brothers to South Dakota and go Pheasant hunting. We stayed on a farm in the middle of vast fields. The Pheasant population was booming this year. We were able to limit out every day (six birds a day). I also had some fun picking off prairie dogs. I got a little scope bite when the gun kicked back and I had my eye too close to the scope. It is going to leave a little mark. The second morning of the hunt we were pushing through a small gully. My father-in-law and I had both shot birds. I was closer to my dad's bird so I went to go retrieve it. It had rolled off the bank into a stream. I grabbed onto some willow branches and reached down the bank to see if I could reach the rooster. I was reaching feathers when the branches broke and I fell into the creek head-first. The creek was about three and a half feet deep and had a little-bit of ice on the top from the light freeze the night before. It sure woke me up. It was a great trip and too much fun. The best part is we are giving all the 160 birds we shot to a homeless shelter. I can't wait till next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark had such a blast too. Sorry about your injury!! We're hoping your t-shirt team looks like that after the game on Nov. 22--just kidding. We're so glad you are a part of our extended family.