Friday, November 28, 2008

I am Thankful for Many Things, but this year having my family all together was my favorite







This past week has been crazy yet wonderful. Jon's sister Amber came and stayed with us for a week. It was really nice to have a full house for the Holiday and for the cousins to get to know each other better. We took them up to the Deep Crick property and went 4-wheeling, had lunch, and roasted marshmallows. It was really fun, then on Thanksgiving day we all went to my Mom's house and ate a wonderful dinner. My family is full of amazing cooks and all the food was homemade and fabulous. Then we had a "Dan in Real Life" experience with a talent show. We had a lot of fun doing, "Toodie Taddie, Toodie Taddie, Toodie tah tah", reciting jokes, listening to Billy play the guitar, and singing along. Ryan played and sang a song he composed Then my Aunt Leanne came up with a great idea for us to reenact our cheerleader days, so we did a great Thanksgiving day cheer with her, my sister, a family friend, and I. "Go, Fight, Win, Thankgiving". After all this excitement, Thanksgiving couldn't be complete without the 4-wheelers, horse rides and of course the Texas vs. Texas A&M football game; and just when I thought the evening was over Whitney and Ryan got us tickets to go see "Twilight" at 9:00pm. It was my second time seeing it. Ok, so I am a trekkie for Twilight, I love it. The best is hearing all the girls in the theater giggle and squeal. So after that long day Jon decided to wake up on black Friday at 4:30 and go Door busting. Nope, I didn't go with him, he got some cool stuff though and was back in time for us all to wake up :) Then I took off with my Mom, Wendy, and Leanne to go to Gardner Village for some shopping and playing. It was very enjoyable. So after giving you the log of the day I'd like to post a few things I am thankful for:
MY SAVIOR-Husband-Kids-Extended Family-Smiles-laughter-Joy-Peace-and Kindness.
I read a wonderful quote today that was simple, yet powerful to me. It said
"Kindness Matters" In a world where everything from our looks to our inner desires are being picked apart, it is good to remember how a kind word or work can lift and lighten the load. I am incredibly thankful for the kind people in my life either close or just passing by; and I pray that I can be a kinder person in the future. We love you all. Have a wonderful Holiday Season with much thought of the Savior and what he brought to this world. A Whole Lot of Kindness :)

1 comment:

KCJaques said...

I almost completely forgot you were a cheerleader. Than again, if I know you, you couldn't keep from laughing long enough to pull off the cheer.

I got to tell you it is crazy knowing that you are living it up in Morgan now. I guess you can say I have gotten used to the idea of you guys always being so far away. Yes, Provo is just as distant as New York. Its good to see you are doing the things you have always enjoyed.