Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lily's Birth and a very busy Spring











Since my last post. Oooodles and oooodles of stuff has happened.

1st: Our first trip to California. We made our Apt. Home for Jon and we went to Disneyland. Spectacular fun with the kids. Jon and I even got to go enjoy the Magic Kingdom while Debbie watched our kids one night. We ended up going on the Indiana Jones ride and when I came home I threw up and had contractions through the night. I felt a little bad that I had done that. However, Lily didn't come and I made it home with Debbie just fine. She has been such a help this summer. I have been very blessed to have such a mother-in-law.


2nd: Lily Kate Cottle was born May 19 we were debating on when to have Jon come home from California to be with us and the ward had asked us to speak on the 15th on our marriage covenant and families. SO I made Jon come back to Utah to speak with me seeing how I was 38 weeks pregnant. We spoke and it ended up being kind of fun. We went up to the pulpit together and took turns speaking on our appointed subjects. It was a little different, but I love him and was glad we got to stand together as a couple. Our talk went as follows:

Introduce Jon and I
JON:
The beginning of eternal families starts from when we are a child “Wise parents teach there children to apply the healing, reconciling, and strengthening power of the atonement within there family. Each family member has the responsibility to strive for family unity. Children who learn to strive for unity at home will find it easier to do so outside the home.” Church Handbook of Instruction
“The family is where the foundation of personal, spiritual growth is built and nurtured; the church, then is the scaffolding that helps support and strengthen the family.” M Russell Ballard

came back from mission marie was at institute, dated in Houston. Jon BYU marie BYUI. Drove lots and as we dated we saught the counsel of church leaders parents and the Lord in Marriage.
Marie: I wasn’t as courageous and I made him ask me twice. I had fears. . . It’s your choice” Then I gained the confidence and we were sealed in the Bountiful temple almost not knowing that I was making the covenant to enter into the highest degree of the celestial kingdom
The only two people we have ever covenanted is with the Lord and your spouse. So those are the only two people that should precedents over everything in life.
“God instituted marriage in the beginning. He made man in his own image and likeness, male and female, and in their creation it was designed that they should be united together in sacred bonds of marriage, and one is not perfect (or complete) without the other.” Joseph F Smith
We need each other, in order to reach the highest degree in the celestial kingdom and in this life.
Love is something you have to “decide” to do . . . involving commitment, trust, sharing, and sacrifice. Love is not something out of our control.

JON: 1st summer with APX having to provide for our family and sense then we have been from the east coast to Hawaii.
Fathers preside in love and righteousness :::>>> pg 66

Marie: Life was moving at a fast pace for us after that. I guess it’s because I took so long to say “YES” but we quickly became pregnant with Makenna and she was born just before our one year anniversary.
Full partnership in marriage. Adam and Eve 1st commandment given to them. Bare children, and multiply and replenish the earth. Man and women best setting for rearing children.
Mothers: Nurture pg 70 rejuvenating and filling our empty cup pg 73 Child rearing develops us as individuals. Elder Holland pg 74
JON: Once married we are required to cleave to one another meaning complete devotion we cleave to God and each other by serving and loving each other and keeping covenants and commandments. No other person or interest is to take precedents.
BYU; Juggling school for both of us and raising Makenna


Benefits of marriage: Married people live longer.

“Begin with your own home to preserve the sanctity of your marriage, the eternity of your covenants, and the happiness that comes where there is love and security and trust in the family. Put the comfort and happiness of your companion and your children ahead of your own ...” Gordon B. Hinckley
Help Meet in Hebrew means equal strength to rescue
Family relationships extend beyond the grave. Going to the temple being sealed and living up to the covenants we make there in is how those relationships extend.
The opportunity to be sealed is a privilege and Obligation. It is the foundation of an eternal family




We are to help each other equally.

Genesis 5:2 God no longer regarded them just as two separate beings but as one unit

After speaking in church Jon stayed and worked in Utah and on Thursday morning my Dr. Called saying come into the office. I went in and he sent me to the Hospitol. I was started and 6 hours later I lifted up my darling daughter hugged and kissed her and then they rushed her to the NICU because she wasn't getting enough Oxygen. This made me very anxious and nervous. None of my family got to see her and I was the only one that got to hold her. I got to visit her once in the NICU which was very scary and it made me sad. I waited until 10:30pm when they brought back my healthy happy little girl. I was thrilled and she has been perfect ever since.

We did something kind of unique. After having Lily in the Ogden Regional Hospitol Jon and I decided to go stay at a hotel for one night before returning home to our kids. I will cherish this experience so much it was peaceful. No nurses to come in a bug us and I got to enjoy some sleep. Jon spent the weekend with us and then I packed the entire car only having a baby a few days earlier which I was incredibly sore and exhausted after that. Then we drove with our new baby and entire family back to California where I rested and Jon worked and worked and worked. I think this was truly one of the hardest things I have done in my life and am grateful it is OVER. However, it is amazing what you can do when you have no other choice. You just DO IT! We were now living in California in our little apartment enjoying our summer friends.

1 comment:

Lhone said...

Woah! You have been BLOGGING! So fun, except for getting your car towed. That didn't sound good at all. I know the area you were in, and that is just scary to be there with all those kids and stuff. Glad to see you back. If you need anything, let me know.