Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rancho Cucamonga California Summer #8



















After spending a couple of weeks soaking up the sun and enjoying my little family. As we went to the park and swam nearly every day; Debbie came into town again to help me so I could sleep and try to catch up on some r&r after our move. She was very kind to pick up needed grocery's and take the kids on outings. After a wonderful couple of weeks. Lily and I flew back to Utah to visit her 6 week checkup and I got to spend a day with my Mom and Whitney. I decided I wanted to go Jet Skiing. After being pregnant for 10 months I wanted to take my body back and do something FUN!!! We had a blast on Willard Bay and then to top off the already great day we got a Red Robin Burger and went to the movies. Gotta Love my family, they sure know how to have fun. I went back to CA to enjoy 4th of July and going to Newport Beach and Balboa Island with my summer friends. The girls continued to swim and Autumn even taught herself which was awesome she is a little fish and Makenna is a little Mermaid. Nearing the end of the summer my mom called and said she was flying into L.A. if I wanted to come stay with her in the hotel she was stopping at for the night. She is a flight attendant for Skywest. I went of course and then the next day we wanted to do something fun before she had to catch her next flight. I decided a stroll down Hollywood Blvd. would be fun. We drove over to the street and I quickly found a parking spot because all the characters were out; Elmo, Shrek, Indiana Jones, Etc. My mom wanted to stay in the car because she wasn't sure we parked in the right spot, but I quickly encouraged her to have some fun with me and the 4 kids. We walked down visited the characters and enjoied some lunch at the Disney Cafe. We decided it was time to go back to the car so that my mom could catch her flight on time, but I walked up and down the street twice thinking I know I parked my car here. Then I looked up and saw a tour bus sign. That's right we had parked where the tour buses loaded and unloaded and in the 45 min we were gone they had towed my car. Both my mom and I were in shock and I started to cry. She had to get to work or she would be fired so she hailed a cab and left me with Lily in my arms, Dean in the back pack and a girl at each of my side. While she was driving away crying she saw a police officer and said, "Please Help My Daughter" This officer didn't know hardly anything, but he got me to another female officer that was so kind. She got me the number to the tow yard which was a mile away thankgoodness. So holding back as much emotion as I could I walked the mile with my 4 kids to the tow lot. On the way there I was walking through some rough streets and two hispanic women started to feel sorry for me. They complimented me on having such a beautiful family and then offered me to come into there homes, I declined. I thanked them and continued on my way. Once I reached the lot I was so full of emotion the lady gave me my ticket of $200 and they pulled my car forward. The relief to see my car was all consuming. I quickly loaded the kids and drove straight home to our apt. where I didn't want to leave for quite sometime after that.
Another fun adventure we had was doing the VIVINT KIDS RACE! It was so cute to have all the kids Swim, Bike, and Run. They were darling and did a great job. Heidi Fransen is big into races and we made them shirts, and numbers, and even fed them a carb meal the night before. So darling!!!!
We sadly got ready to say goodbye to Jon and our fun friends hoping never to have to do summer sales again, but happy for the memories. The day before we left Jon took the day and we went down to Newport Beach and Balboa Island where we enjoyed a most wonderful day shopping on the main drag. Soaking up the sun at the beach. We went on a Boat Tour of the Bay and seen Dolphins, some cute Sea Lions, and someone even saw a whale. We ended the day with Cars 2 the movie and I will forever love this day with my family. It was perfect and wonderful and one of those complete blissful days. The next day my dad flew in and we drove to Panguitch Lake our cabin where we spent the 24th of July. It was fabulous all the traditional festivities and even so much more. Wendy and all her kids were down there and we had a blast hanging out with the cousins. The Highlights were are annual family play this year being Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs. Of course Lexie was Snow White and my Mom was the wicked Queen the rest of the adults were the 7 dwarfs and the kids got to enjoy the play. HE HE HE! The other Highlight was taking the girls to the Tuacahn Theatre to see the Little Mermaid play. WOW it was awesome and we even took them to a Tepanyaki restaurant before and that was way fun. After having so much fun and 4-wheeling to our hearts content is was time to come back home to Morgan and get ready for school. WOW Life is way FUN!

No comments: