Saturday, October 8, 2011

Returning Home and Starting School









After a few weeks of being home alone I realized I couldn't do it all. I admit I had some break down moments and one Sunday while on the phone with Jon I told him it was too hard. He quickly called his Mom and Debbie came out to stay with us again so that I could get the kids ready for school. We shopped until we dropped after she arrived picking up school clothes for the kids stocking my cupboards and just plain having a good time. I truly was blessed again by her service. Makenna was the first to start school and her first grade teacher is Mrs. Fry. Makenna loves her and school. She is learning to read and doing a great job at math. She has a few new friends Ellie Demonde being one of them. Autumn was having a very difficult time with Makenna being gone all day and I was having a hard time waiting the 2 weeks until her preschool started. When she finally went to Discovery Time with Nancy Pierce we both were elated.
Right before it was time for Jon to come home he called and said I should fly out and go to Six Flags for the end of the year adventure with the office. I quickly booked a flight and Lily and I flew back to CA to go to Six Flags with our wonderful Husband and Father. I got to ride one of the biggest and fastest Roller Coasters I have ever been on and then watched Jon ride some cool rides. We ate Crab for Dinner YUM!!! and then Jon had a surprise he had picked up a Dog from an old lady he had tried to sell. He was a Chihuahua Mini Pin mix and was adorable. We got back to the apartments and the Dog was in love with Jon. We went and got him a few things from pets mart and then started our drive back home to greet the kids with our new family member. It was a wonderfully simple drive back home. The dog even did great. When we arrived the kids were so excited it was darling. We named him Rocky and he has been a new found joy in our home.

No comments: